Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Why we love Winter!!!

Well we took Thomas for his first Ice fishing trip! It was so fun. It was a beautiful day in mountain view and we sure enjoyed it! We bundled Thomas up in a million layers and blankets and he hopped on the quad with grandpa Walburger! Luke rode his snowmobile, he loves riding that thing any chance he can get, and me and Shellee headed out on cross country ski's to meet up with the Bevans'. It was great! We didn't catch anything, but a good fisherman needs patience! haha. That's what JD kept saying. It was pretty cute.

Cross country skiing is awesome! I loved it. The last time we went I didn't like it so much, I was falling all over the place. We were going up hill and it was slushy, at least that's the excuse I'm using for being so terrible the last time! haha. Here's a little shot of the last time I did it. Luke thought it was hilarious!
Then Grandma and Grandpa Walburger said they would watch Thomas while me and luke went for a quick snowmobile ride up in the brush! It was so nice! It was perfect weather. There wasn't tons of snow, but just enough to have some fun. Luke got a kick out of watching me try to drive his sled. He says I turned it into a lawnmower, Ok so I ran over a large patch of small trees, but I couldn't get it to turn, haha. It just topped off our fabulous day. I loved being able to spend time with my hubby doing something we both love. I love you luke for still wanting to have fun with your wifey!!! Your the greatest!

3 comments:

  1. Awww sounds like so much fun!! Sure wish we were there to enjoy the snow with you guys, we sure do miss it!! Lil Thomas is getting so big I can hardly beleive it. Miss you guys and keep up the good blogging, it surely brightens my day when I see a new post from the Waldry's!! love ya B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I love the skiing pics. Ha Ha!
    I also love how Brandy calls you guys the Waldrys that's so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww - so cute! i love all of the 1st's with babies, but i can't say that becks has ever had a 1st ice fishing trip! you guys are too cute :)

    ReplyDelete